Help us open the quirkiest hardware store in Denver! MAINSPRING is on the hunt for a partner to own and operate a hardware store in a historic building in one of Denver’s oldest residential neighborhoods, proximate to downtown.
Our vision is to combine a food and beverage concept with a hardware store that’s merchandised to fit the unmet needs of the neighborhood. Guests will sit around the communal bar area and enjoy a burrito or a beer while they make key copies and review paint swatches. And when they’re done filling up, they’ll chat with the knowledgeable hardware staff about their home renovation project. The space will be both inviting and functional and will be a true neighborhood destination.
We are experienced food and beverage operators that will handle that portion of the business and we are seeking the right partner to execute on the hardware store. Our preference is for retail experience, and particularly hardware retail experience, but we also believe strongly that this could be the right fit for someone who is personable, scrappy, ambitious, and looking for a career change.
The nuts and bolts:
- 5,250 square feet ground floor space available for the retail and bar area, potential opportunity for retail sales to expand to second floor
- 1,000 square feet of potential additional covered outdoor selling area
- Location to be disclosed during initial conversations
- Limited to no upfront capital is required – full financial terms are negotiable and to be discussed based on the Partner’s experience
- Hardware store will likely operate under the True Value brand, which offers additional start up and operating support
- MAINSPRING will serve as both the landlord and F&B operator
- Hardware partner will be responsible for all retail operations, including hiring and staffing, merchandising, inventory management, etc.
MAINSPRING is a real estate and business development firm based in Denver, Colorado. We build, own and operate places to work, live and play. We also establish, operate and invest in businesses that enrich our shared urban lifestyle. Our operating properties and businesses include Backyard on Blake in RiNO, Blue Sparrow Coffee, and cocktail bars Room for Milly and Queens Eleven.
Please contact Emily Tucker at email@example.com with interest.