MAINSPRING is a real estate and business development firm based in Denver, Colorado. We build, own and operate places to work, live and play. We also establish, operate and invest in businesses that enrich our shared urban lifestyle. We believe that the built environment should reflect the way we want to live, that it should be beautiful, built to last, and inspire creativity and productivity. MAINSPRING was founded in the belief that people, place and community matter above all else.
MAINSPRING F&B is a subsidiary company in partnership with Jeffrey Knott (the Operating Partner) operating businesses in the food and beverage space. MAINSPRING F&B opened its first location, Blue Sparrow Coffee, in RiNo in 2017, its second Blue Sparrow Coffee on Platte Street and Queens Eleven in RiNo 2019 and Room for Milly on Platte Street in 2020.
The Events Manager is responsible for developing a comprehensive events program across the company’s venues to enhance the various brands, activate underutilized spaces and times and to drive revenue. This includes handling the bookings and deliverables for both third party bookings at our spaces and the creation of brand aligned ticketed special events hosted by our venues.
The Events Manager has dual reporting to the Operating Partner of MAINSPRING F&B and the President of MAINSPRING.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
General Event Management
- Set up an events calendar to take and maintain all bookings for each venue
- Work with Bars Manager to identify suitable staff to utilize for events and train staff to level of detail in the execution of the event
- Work with any outside vendors required to deliver components of each event
- Prepare written policies and standard operating procedures for Events
- Oversee all events contracts
Third Party Booked Events Utilizing our Venues and Experience
- Develop events packages, along with product, pricing and service levels appropriate for each venue
- Close coordination with the Bars Manager regarding product procurement and to ensure that staffing is available to deliver each event experience.
- Primary point of contact for all third-party event hosts
- Close coordination with manager of each space regarding upcoming events
Specific Hosted Events
- Develop ticketed event concepts for each location, with initial focus on Room for Milly
- Handle all event logistics including pricing, bookings, ticketing, day of décor and schedule
- Develop marketing and social media campaigns around the events to drive ticketing and revenue
- Work with the Operating Partner and Chief Financial Officer to develop an events annual budget
- Oversee and manage the financial performance of each of the events and overall events budget, meeting or exceeding budget to the extent possible
- Ensure compliance with all financial controls applicable to MAINSPRING F&B
- Ensure that all invoices, expense reports and credit cards are properly reconciled and submitted for payment
- Control purchases and inventory
- Negotiate prices and contracts
- Develop preferred supplier lists
- Responsible for ordering/procuring all event materials (OPEX, candles, paper, décor etc.)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years in events, communication or hospitality
- Must have a passion for what we are building, the brand, and the guest experience
- Strong understanding of budgets, invoice and expense management
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Word, Excel and adaptable to use of various apps such as Slack
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Highly organized and self-motivated with a proven ability to multi-task across various complex projects
- Approachable, presentable, professional, and fun
- Flexible and willing to work long and sometimes erratic hours
- Have excellent time management
- Ability to walk, stand, and occasionally carry heavy items in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Base salary of [$ 59,000] plus bonus potential of [$8,000]
- Eligible for $401k and company match
- Eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
If interested in this opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.