Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Room for Milly, 1615 Platte St., Ste 145, Denver, CO 80202
Job Summary: We are looking for an individual who is energetic, self-motivated, goal-oriented and driven, and most importantly loves the world of hospitality. Our ideal candidate will lead and drive the team to provide a high-quality culinary experience. This candidate would have great attention to detail and a true passion for the food and beverage industry. The Culinary Manager will report to the General Manager and work with the front of house leadership team to deliver the Room for Milly vision.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide a strong sense of leadership in all Back of House activities.
- Provide strong sense of ownership of entire Culinary offerings provided by Room for Milly.
- Lead hiring for all Culinary Positions in close collaboration with the General Manager.
- Directly responsible for all culinary administration duties including invoicing, cost control, and scheduling of department.
- Will work with Bar lead to assist in product ordering and delivery.
- Provide inspiration and creative influence to the Culinary Team.
- Maintain guest satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating and auditing food and service offerings.
- Implement Company policies and standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Maintain effective communication with the General Manager, Bar Manager, and all staff. This will include slack correspondence and regular operations meetings.
- Maintain a reasonable response time for all communication.
- Maintain sanitation standards and procedures that comply with health and legal regulations with the advice of the Company.
- Directly oversee kitchen staff development to ensure all duties are met and exceeded; handle escalated staff issues
- Maintain kitchen and oversee all facility maintenance and improvements with approval of General Manager.
- Work proactively with leadership to oversee all event coordination.
- Be capable of covering any position in the kitchen at any time.
- Maintain a reasonable schedule with flexible availability. On days or nights off, be on call and ready to manage and respond to emergency situations.
Menu Development & New Menu Launch
- Organize new menu rollout dates as directed by General Manager and disseminate to front of house team with development and rollout schedule.
- Set wireframe and overall tone of the menu concept in collaboration with General Manager.
- Lead all-staff tasting for new menu. Create auxiliary educational materials for service staff (e.g. information on new ingredients, etc.)
- Follow up on menu knowledge and execution through testing.
- Coordinate with PR and social teams for menu launch per the menu launch timeline set forth. Communicate any changes in timeline.
- Strong understanding of store P&L and factors contributing to driving revenue and containing expenses.
- Accomplish company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Review monthly P&L categories and investigate variances to budget.
- Maximize profitability with a close eye on target margins; monitor financial controls established by leadership; develop and implement strategies to increase year over year sales in tandem with Bar Manager.
Administrative and Financial
- Control purchases and inventory.
- Negotiate prices and contracts.
- Developing preferred supplier lists.
- Review and evaluate usage reports, analyzing variances and taking corrective actions.
- Take inventory and reorder supplies.
- Maintain organization of storage room and walk in cooler.
- Address any maintenance issues as soon as they arise & properly communicate those issues to direct supervisor.
- Collect and sign off on all invoices for approval by Bar Manager
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
Qualifications & Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Servesafe or equivalent required.
- Minimum 5 years fine dining management experience and minimum 2 years EC/CDC experience.
- Excellent knowledge of food products and handling.
- Be able to safely operate all kitchen equipment.
- Masterful understanding of restaurant work.
- Able to multitask on various levels under very high stress levels.
- Strong understanding of personal hygiene and sanitation techniques as they pertain to restaurant work.
- Can effectively communicate between language barriers.
- Strong understanding of budgets, invoice and expense management.
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Word, Excel and adaptable to use of various apps such as Slack.
- Have excellent time management.
- Leadership traits include honesty, strong work ethic and an overall moral integrity with a hands-on management style.
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to walk, stand, and occasionally carry heavy items in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- $60,000 – $70,000 per year, based on experience
- Eligible for $401k and company matching
- Eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave