MAINSPRING is a real estate and business development firm based in Denver, Colorado. We build, own and operate places to work, live and play. We also establish, operate and invest in businesses that enrich our shared urban lifestyle. We believe that the built environment should reflect the way we want to live, that is should be beautiful, built to last, and inspire creativity and productivity. MAINSPRING was founded in the belief that people, place and community matter above all else.
MAINSPRING F&B is a subsidiary company in partnership with Jeffrey Knott (the Operating Partner) operating businesses in the food and beverage space. MAINSPRING F&B opened its first location, Blue Sparrow Coffee, in RiNo in 2017, its second Blue Sparrow Coffee on Platte Street and Queens Eleven in RiNo 2019 and Room for Milly on Platte Street in 2020.
General Manager, Room for Milly:
The GM is responsible for the day-to-day operations of Room for Milly and will lead and drive the front of house and back of house teams to provide amazing cocktails, drinks, food, and impeccable service.
The GM has dual reporting to the President of MAINSPRING and on daily operational matters to the Operating Partner.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Room for Milly Presentation
- Responsible for the presentation of the space and maintaining the highest level of cleanliness and appearance.
- Responsible for ensuring all maintenance needs including equipment, mechanical and FF&E are attended to.
- Train employees to level of detail in the presentation of the space.
- Set staffing goals and objectives and make employment and termination decisions in close collaboration with supervisors.
- Recruit and interview bartenders, front of house, kitchen and back of house employees.
- Conduct new hire orientation, explain the culture philosophy and oversee the training of new staff.
- Develop and implement training, systems, processes and standards.
- Develop staff by providing ongoing feedback and establishing performance expectations.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for all violations of company policies, rules, and procedures, coordinating with HR.
- Create effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure that Room for Milly is well staffed during peak hours while avoiding excessive overtime hours for any staff members and meeting labor budget goals.
High Quality Service
- Maintain high level of service and standards by educating the staff in service techniques, culture and developing a personalized customer service.
- Train staff leads to diffuse tense situations between patrons or staff members to prevent possible issues and to eject unruly persons, if needed.
- Maintain operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures, implementing production, productivity, quality, and guest-service standards, and determining and implementing system improvements.
- Coordinate and implement menu changes in coordination with Jeffrey Knott.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Oversee planning, coordination, and execution of special events by staff leads.
- Drive business by developing and implementing marketing and promotional events and evaluate event results.
- Ensure compliance with all Department of Health rules and regulations.
- Maintain high quality brand reputations via social media, websites, articles, and reviews.
- Maintain a safe and comfortable environment for guests and employees at all times.
- Work with Operating Partner and the Chief Financial Officer to develop Room for Milly’s annual budget.
- Oversee and manage the financial performance of Room for Milly and ensure financial performance meets or exceeds budget to the extent possible.
- Ensure compliance with all financial controls applicable to MAINSPRING F&B.
- Review monthly P&L categories and investigate variances to budget and factors contributing to driving revenue and containing expenses.
- F&B cost management, and inventory management, control, and procurement.
- Ensure that all invoices, expense reports and credit cards are properly reconciled and submitted on time for payment.
- Oversee cash handling and accounts payable procedures to ensure compliance with company policies.
- Control purchases and inventory.
- Negotiate prices and contracts.
- Develop preferred supplier lists.
- Review and evaluate usage reports, analyzing variances and taking corrective actions.
- Work closely with support functions at MAINSPRING, in particular Operations to ensure smooth functioning of HR and Accounting for accounts payable.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Hospitality and operations expert in the luxury cocktail bar or food and beverage industry with excellent cocktail, wine, and beer knowledge
- Must have a passion for what we are building, the brand, and the guest experience
- Quality is extremely important, must have an eye and a palate for very high-quality food and beverage and experience in thorough taste testing
- Must have a high level of tasting experience and ability to ensure the highest quality of all food and beverage
- Expert in health and safety practices and top service standards.
- Strong understanding of budgets, invoice and expense management, profit and loss analysis.
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Word, Excel, Toast, Homebase and adaptable to use of various apps such as Slack.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and ability to diffuse tense situations and resolve conflicts.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency
- Highly organized, excellent time management and self-motivated with a proven ability to multi-task across various complex projects
- Approachable, presentable, professional, and fun
- Hard working team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Flexible and willing to work long and sometimes erratic hours including nights and weekends
- Able to take creative direction and quickly implement new programs and material
- Base salary of $63,000 – $72,000 based on experience
- Eligible for $401k and company match
- Eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Wellness Benefit
If interested in this position, please apply here.